Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Week 5 John HW progress

Hey Craig,  Alex, Brandon, and Deborah.


I continued to develop the "David vs Goliath" version of the Golem since, to me, the overall composition was reading better. I knew as I continued to develop the image with more detail, the overall legibility of the shadow shapes might be difficult to maintain.

Here is what I have so far, the past two weeks have been crazy busy, but I managed to put some time into the image every day, even if it was only 1/2 hour or so.



I re-did the line art. Ideally cleaner line art might have helped more.


Working out the composition shapes based upon Craig's feedback.



During the painting process I re-did the pose as I was not happy with how the body of the Golem was reading. I think my previous shade art is still better for the pose. I just don't know how to paint trees, looking at various examples of trees lead me to this.

Still needs more work!



No comments:

Post a Comment